Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a custerfluck!

I made my first appearance in Harris County Court No. 2 this morning and if today was typical, I'm not looking forward to returning.

In most misdemeanor courts (meaning every court EXCEPT CC2) the clerk's file is set on the counsel table along with the state's file, making it very easy to pick up your copy of the criminal information. In CC2, the clerk's keep their files. 

There was one prosecutor in the courtroom dealing with cases this morning. Let me repeat that... ONE prosecutor with somewhere around 60-70 cases. And she was a talker, let me tell ya'. It took over an hour just to reset a simple little case. I thought I was in municipal court.

And, speaking of municipal court, yesterday I had the pleasure of standing around in the basement to set a hearing on the red light camera ticket I received in January (more on that in a subsequent post). I think I know the city's strategy on dealing with those tickets -- make it as inconvenient as possible and people will throw their arms up and just pay the tickets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Paul B. Kennedy said...

Some sharp cheddar would be nice, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Why would some smartass like "would you like some cheese with your whine" post anonymously. WTF? Chickpoop.

I have always found my time wasted in this particular judge's court - even when he was a district court. Whine whine whatever. Grow up & post your name.