Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My phone the scanner

I discovered a nifty app for my droid last week - Document Scanner by PWN with your Phone. The app allows you to take a picture of a document and convert it to a PDF file that you can store on your phone, e-mail to someone or upload to Google Docs.

There is no limit to the number of pages you can incorporate into a document - and you can add more pages at a later date. The program is easy to use, just a couple of clicks and you've got your PDF file.

I used the app to scan an entire case file the other day and the quality was outstanding. By uploading the PDF file to Google Docs I was able to download it to the hard drive on my desktop and print out the documents later that day.

Document Scanner sells for $3.98 and there is a trial version you can test drive for 15 days at no cost.

2 comments:

Franklin Bynum said...

I use Genius Scan on my iPhone and it works great, too; I've used it several times while reviewing prosecutors' files. These are really powerful tools for the defense.

Paul B. Kennedy said...

The next step would be to scan all documents in a given case file, upload them to a cloud server or download to a thumb drive so you have ready access anytime you're in court.