Friday, May 6, 2011

A wandering mind

A few random thoughts after a 4-hour drive to Dallas this evening...

If you're going to open a business by the freeway and paint a big sign - you might want to make sure you got the spelling right. I drove by a joint near Corsicana called Wisper's Cabaret.

How does anyone know for certain that their taillights are working? I passed a Ford SUV with no working taillights. I don't think the driver had a clue they weren't working. The only reason I know mine work is because I see a reflection of the back of my car when I leave the office.

The Shock Wave (a double loop roller coaster at Six Flags) doesn't look nearly as big or scary now that I'm grown. I rode it quite a few times growing up and it just looked big. I drove right by it tonight and it didn't look nearly as inimidating.

I was informed tonight by the night clerk at the hotel that I looked like a Kennedy. The reddish-brown hair, ruddy complexion and blue eyes must be the giveaway. She also asked me if I was here for the home-schooling convention. That would be a "no."

Is there an American male singer with a better voice than Johnny Cash? I grow more convinced everyday that there isn't.

I don't think the pierced lip impressed the judge too much. Of course, what do I know? I'm only the lawyer. I'm sure you are a much better judge of what plays in the courtroom than me.

My smartphone is more powerful and cheaper than the first computer I bought. It boggles the mind just what we can do with a cell phone.

If the purpose of the mission was to kill Osama Bin Laden, just say so. It would be a lot less painful than the evershifting story of what may or may not have happened.

No comments: