Sunday, January 20, 2013

Spellcheck, anyone?

On Friday afternoon I picked my girls up from school and took them to my office so my oldest could sell Girl Scout cookies to some of the other folks working around me. We had to stop off at the post office on the way home to mail an appeal bond down to the Valley.

When we got back in the car, the Honda wouldn't start. I had had some problems the last couple of days with what I finally figured out was the starter. I called my brother and asked him to come on down to the post office (just down the street from his place). My girls then found out about the magic of a manual transmission - pushing starting a car that doesn't want to cooperate. They were amazed when the engine fired  after being pushed.

After dinner I took my youngest over to the auto parts store to pick up a new starter. On the way back this is the sign we saw on Long Point.


Look, it's one thing not to be able to spell. It's another when you let the whole world know it, too.

No comments: