Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let's talk

I'm in the middle of trial right now so there's not a lot of time to put together a full post. Last night while I was driving out to meet with a client I caught the end of the TED Radio Hour on the local NPR station. Bryan Stevenson, the founder of the Equal Justice Initiative, was the subject of the last segment.

His story and his talk were fascinating. Here's the link.



That then led me to this TED talk from David Dow who has dedicated his professional life to fighting the power of the state to kill inmates. Based on his conversations with death row inmates, Mr. Dow speaks about how to prevent murders in the first place.



And, in true web fashion, that then led me down the rabbit hole to Daniel Riesel's talk on "The neuroscience of restorative justice."




Enjoy.

No comments: